I am pleased to inform you that our dental office resumed routine dental care on Tuesday, May 26, 2020. All of us are pleased to return to some semblance of our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
In order to prevent the spread of disease, including the COVID-19 virus, I am reminding you that we sterilize all our dental instruments, disinfect all areas of our office, and comply with the infection control guidelines set forth by the WI Department of Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
To that end, we have made the following changes to expect at your appointment:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand and ask some screening questions (a sample is available by clicking HERE). You will be asked those same questions when you are in the office and sign a consent form.
- To allow for social distancing, appointments will be managed to allow greater time between patients. Our goal is to reduce waiting times.
- We are limiting the number of patients in our waiting room at a given time, so we ask that you:
- Do not arrive too early, and wait in your car or outside until summoned. No walk-ins please.
- We require you wear a mask or face covering at all times except when removal is requested in the dental chair. If you do not have a mask or facial covering, we will provide you one when you arrive.
- We ask that you use hand sanitizer inside the front door when you enter the office.
- Your temperature will be taken with an infrared thermometer before entering the office. If your temperature is 100.0° or higher, we may ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- We remind you to properly cover a cough or a sneeze into your arm.
- The office is restricted to patients only. Spouses, friends, and children are not allowed in the practice to wait for a given patient.
- Only exceptions: children receiving treatment are allowed 1 parent to accompany them, as well as anyone with special needs or elderly patients requiring assistance.
- The person accompanying the patient needs to provide themselves with a mask, properly placed.
- Since some items are difficult to clean and disinfect, we have removed all reading materials, pamphlets and children’s toys from the waiting area.
- The water cooler and coffee machine have been removed.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues are readily available throughout the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, our staff, and every patient safe in our practice.
To request an appointment, please call our office at (715) 723-5688 or send inquiries through this website. CLICK HERE for a summary of our check-in procedures
These are major changes for all of us. Thank you for your patience and loyalty as we move forward.
Kent L. Vandehaar, D.D.S.